DacqPod 12A Series
DacqPod 12A Series
Portable 12 bit A/D Data Acquisition ...easy to use
The DacqPod 12A series pods are miniature data acquisition hardware packages with 8 or 4 A/D converter input channels. The 12A8I samples 8 channels (12A4I has 4 channels ) of analog at 12 bits of resolution. You can use as many DacqPods as you have serial or parallel ports. Change anti-aliasing filters easily with plug-in header. The DacqPod has power and a prototype area for you to add special components or even sensors.
SiliconSoft's turnkey DacqEditor and starter software for DOS / Windows are included in each package. Advanced level programming libraries and DLLs are available separately.
If you need more sensitivity, you can use an AmpPod (comming soon), or add the circuitry in the prototyping work area. The DacqPod 12A series are self-powered from a standard RS232 serial port or parallel port (even bi-directional ports). No jumpers or IRQs to set or change.
Key System Specifications
- 12 bit resolution, 100 or **133 Ks/s A/D
- 8 or 4 channels single ended or 2 to 4 channels differential
- Range 0V to 4V Full Scale
- Sample rate 7 or **10 Ks/s max. typ.1 Ch. (586-100MHz PC, 6' cable, standard power parallel port or 115 KBaud serial port)
- Input impedance >100 Kohms
- Frequency response DC - 500 KHz
- Input anti-aliasing filters
- Ultra light-weight package
- State-of-the-art Surface Mount Technology construction
** Ks/s = 1000 samples / second
- Analog In: DB15 Female Connector
- IBM-PC Control: DB25 Female - Serial Port for Power, Data Transfer, and Control.
- IBM-PC Control: DB25 Male - Parallel Port for Power, Data Transfer, and Control.
- Package: 5.1"W x 5.25"L x 1.5"H ABS high-impact case. Weight 9 oz.
- Power: Self-powered at 3 mA standard RS232 serial port or parallel port. Sleep-Mode power-down control
- Maximum cable length 50 feet
- Sample Rate: Set by software, typical 100s/s to 1Ks/s, 10Ks/s max. Not determined by UART baud rate. IRQs or DMAs not used.
- Digital Code: 12 bit Linear PCM,
- Temperature 0C to 70C
- Relative humidity 10% - 90% noncondensing
Great for General Applications!
If you need extra space to put special circuitry, the DacqPod is what you need. You can easily take these DacqPods along with you any
where you take your PC. It is low power so there is no need for the internal 9V backup battery or AC adaptor for 99% of the time (there are however, a few PC's that have very low power serial or parallel ports). If the parallel port can not deliver enough power, the DacqPod switches automatically to the backup power source.
DacqPod 12A Series - Factory Direct - Internet Prices
Each package includes all the software you will need:
DOS DacqEditor 12AB and Starter Windows / DOS software
See our order page for prices and shipping details.
Please contact SiliconSoft directly for pricing information on the 4 channel series.
San Jose, CA USA
© Copyright 2000 by SiliconSoft Inc., San Jose, CA.